As you know, many insurance companies will cover the cost of detox. You may not be sure if this includes your plan.
There are two main categories for best-fitting insurance coverage.
– If you work for a company that pays for your healthcare, they usually cover the cost of detox. This is often free of charge to patients who need it. – If your plan is self-funded (meaning if you pay for your coverage), then there may be restrictions on what they pay for and how much. In most cases, after working with their insurance company, people find that their policy has covered all or part of the cost of detox.
Your insurance company will cover the cost of your detox if you meet these requirements:
– You suffer from an addiction or substance abuse disorder.
– You are a legal adult (18+) (many plans do not include support for minors).
– You do not already suffer from any other mental health issues, such as schizophrenia o or bipolar disorder (this is to prevent further negative health effects).
– You have already been prescribed medication and treatment by a licensed doctor. – You are willing to provide medical records and information for your case (this can be done online or in-person).
– You are willing to sign a release of information form, waiving privacy rights so your insurance company can access your relevant records without needing additional permissions from you every time they ask for them.
– You were tested and did not have any drug or alcohol addictions that may interfere with the process of detoxing
Where Can I Find Detox Centers That Accept My Insurance?
There are many options available to those looking to receive treatment at a detox center. There are also many different types of programs offered as well as different tiers within each class.
Below we have listed several considerations you should take into account while trying to find the best option for your needs:
– How much does it cost?
This is always a good place to start. If you have coverage, try and get an estimate on what services would cost with your plan. You can do this by calling or visiting the websites of various facilities in your area that offer detox programs.
– What type of program do I need?
There are many different types, including 1-month long, 2-week long, etc. The important thing is to choose a program that will help keep you on track and provide the necessary care and support throughout treatment.
– Where is it located?
Find out where each facility is located and if they offer transportation. This is especially important if you are looking for a facility with detox services on-site or very close to the residence. If you plan to commute, be sure they offer transportation and give you details on how long it will take to get there and the hours of service available.
– How convenient is each program?
Some programs may require multiple visits per day while others only one visit per week. Some might have multiple days or travel required between appointments. Find out what works best for your schedule as well as travel times. It may not be feasible for you to attend something located 45 minutes away but keep an open mind about locations 2 minutes away if it means getting access to better care.
– How many other clients are in my group?
Find out what the ratio of staff to patients is like. A smaller ratio means more personalized care and attention.
– What amenities does each facility offer?
Services can vary greatly, especially between detox centers that offer residential treatment after the initial detoxification process. Find out what type of support services they provide beyond just helping people get sober such as help with mental health, unemployment, housing, or whatever else you may need help with when completing your program.
Also, be sure to ask about recreational activities available for clients during inpatient stays if applicable.
– What are my other options?
Find out what your insurance requires to cover detox treatment. This will give you a good idea of the likelihood of getting coverage for treatment at that facility or others in your area.
– How can I get started?
Talk about how to enroll and any pre-requisites before being accepted into their program.
If you decide to pursue this option, be sure to request an estimate based on your plan so you know what costs might be involved over the long term. In conclusion, many options are available for people who wish to undergo detoxification from substance abuse or dependence.
It is essential to find a program that you feel comfortable with and will best address your addiction treatment needs while meeting your personal preferences. Never ignore the signs of addiction, and remember that there is always help out there for anyone ready to take the first steps on their road to recovery. If you need any help, Our counselors are available 24 hours a day. 844-639-8371.