Overcoming an addiction to any substance is never an easy feat, especially if you have struggled with addiction for years or even decades. When you want to regain control of your life again without the need or desire for substances, choosing the right rehab program is essential. Understanding the different types of rehabilitation programs and treatment centers provide you with valuable information necessary to make a decision that is right for you. While inpatient rehab centers are extremely common among those who require medically-monitored detox solutions, there are also outpatient programs as well as intensive outpatient programs (IOP) available.
Duration of Inpatient and IOP Programs
The duration of both inpatient and intensive outpatient programs vary with each rehab facility and the individual in need. Typically, rehabilitation programs last 30, 60, or 90 days with the option to extend treatment if necessary. Before choosing a program that is right for you, speak with a representative of the treatment center you are interested in for additional information.
Inpatient Treatment Center Services
Inpatient treatment centers are ideal for individuals who have serious and severe addictions to substances that lead to physical addiction and withdrawal symptoms. With an inpatient treatment program, you are required to live at the center or facility throughout the entirety of your program’s duration. Some of the services provided with an inpatient treatment center include:
- Medically-Monitored Detox: Medically-monitored detox programs ensure the health and safety of individuals who have a physical addiction to drugs, alcohol, and even prescription medications. With a physical addiction, monitored detox prevents potential issues such as seizures, heart failure, comas, and even death.
- Individual Counseling: Meet with a certified therapist or counselor regularlyfrequents the obstacles and challenges you face each day with your addiction. Learn how to confront your addiction triggers while working towards uncovering the root cause of your addictive nature.
- Group Therapy: Group therapy is an integral element of recovery, regardless of the substance you have become addicted to in the past. Learn from others while making new connections and friends who are not interested in using drugs and alcohol. Gain moral and emotional support from others who have had similar struggles as you when it comes to their addiction.
Intensive Outpatient Therapy Activities and Services
Intensive outpatient rehabilitation programs focus on reeducating the mind about addiction while learning how to control and eliminate triggers from everyday life. Although intensive outpatient therapy programs do not require you to remain on the premises of the treatment facility, there are often weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly gatherings for frequent checkups available. Some of the services to take advantage of with an intensive outpatient rehab program include:
- Relapse Prevention Skills: Learn how to prevent a potential relapse while discussing potential triggers to watch out for once you complete your rehabilitation program.
- Brain Chemistry of Addiction: Become educated on how addiction infiltrates the brain and causes both physical and psychological dependencies.
- Twelve Step Options: Discuss twelve-step programs that are optimal for you and the type of aftercare you are seeking during your IOP.
Choosing a Rehab Program That is Ideal for Your Needs
Choosing the right rehab program for your needs greatly depends on the severity of your addiction and how it interferes with your everyday life. Not all individuals who struggle with addiction require inpatient care, especially if a medically-monitored detox program is not necessary. If you have the ability to maintain your everyday responsibilities, employment, and relationships, an intensive outpatient program is likely the best option. If you have struggled with addiction for years, decades, or if you have experienced relapses in the past, consider opting for an inpatient rehabilitation center to regain control over your life again without the risk of outside temptation as you complete the program of your choice.
While overcoming an addiction is not easy, it is possible with the right treatment program and adequate support from loved ones and peers. Choosing a rehab program and facility that is best for you is a way to remain motivated and encouraged while eliminating substances from your body and everyday life. With the right rehab program (either inpatient or intensive outpatient solutions), learn how to rebuild your life without the use of drugs or alcohol. Are you ready to get started with an inpatient or intensive outpatient rehab program? Call us at 844-639-8371 for more information and to learn which treatment solution is optimal for you today.